Our special character is defined in our agreement with the Crown.
Our special character means that:
- We are non denominational, having families from a wider variety of Christian churches. The condition is that the church and family have a statement of faith similar to the school’s.
- We can freely deliver the New Zealand Curriculum based on a biblical world view.
- We employ committed Christians to work as part of our staff.
- We believe that education is ultimately the responsibility of parents.
- We work in partnership with them and we are dependent on their involvement.
- We recognise the importance of the inter-relationship between home, church and school and actively encourage, develop and support a unity between them.
- We seek to provide an environment where pupils, parents and staff can experience Godly relationships.
- We rely on the Holy Spirit and the Word of God.
- We acknowledge that truth must be revealed by the Holy Spirit and knowledge measured against Biblical truth.
The Founding Mission Of The School
When the school was started the mission was to provide quality education based on a Biblical Christian worldview enabling each child to fulfil their God-given destiny. This remains our focus today.
What We Aim To Achieve
Our approach to education is holistic, seeking to address the spiritual, intellectual, emotional, social and physical needs of our pupils.
As a staff, our aim is to nurture pupils who are:
- The recipients of excellent Christian education.
- Compassionate towards the needs of others.
- Determined to live lives of honesty, justice and righteousness.
- Confident in the knowledge that God has His hand on their lives.
- Developing a Biblical worldview.
- Genuine and enthusiastic about sharing their developing faith in Jesus Christ.
- Confident that they are accepted by God and are prepared to develop all the abilities He has given them.
This is summarised through the school Vision, which states…
Quality education based on a biblical Christian worldview – weaving the threads in Christian community:
The core values that we focus on are:
These values should be evident in all we do.