We offer professional learning for teachers that challenges beliefs and assumptions and leads to evidence-based improvement, which in turn supports enhanced student outcomes.
Literacy is a strength of our school and New Zealand has consistently ranked very highly in world literacy results. Our invitation is to teachers who specialize in TEFL or TESOL to join us in discussions and learning on this fundamental skill.
This unique, school-based professional development opportunity is available at ACS in March or July at any given year. Your school is invited to confirm interest in participating in this project which is focused on building knowledge, skills and confidence in the teaching of language. We believe that through advanced professional learning in literacy, teachers can be empowered and equipped to teach English effectively and foster collaboration through greater understanding.
This Project Includes:
- A self-review and engagement process
- Pre-workshop reading and study module
- 5 intensive immersion days in school
- A certificate of completion for participants
- An optional follow-up module to consolidate and deepen understanding
To offer teachers an opportunity to learn about the New Zealand approach to:
- General classroom practices that support literacy learning
- Teaching Reading and Writing
- Supporting struggling students
- Supporting advanced students
- Assessment of learning levels of students
- Programme design to enrich learning
- Use of resources to enhance learning programs
- Improving English communication